Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is designed to help people who suffer repeated bouts of depression and chronic unhappiness. It combines the ideas of cognitive therapy with meditative practices and attitudes based on the cultivation of mindfulness. The heart of this work lies in becoming acquainted with the modes of mind that often characterize mood disorders while simultaneously learning to develop a new relationship to them.
- It will help you understand what depression is.
- It will help you discover what makes you vulnerable to downward mood spirals, and why you get stuck at the bottom of the spiral
- It will help you see the connection between downward spirals, and:
- High standards that oppress us or feelings that we are simply “not good enough”
- Ways we put pressure on ourselves or make ourselves miserable with overwork
- Ways we lose touch with what makes life worth living.
If my “Story Centered Therapy” works! Reach out book a FREE phone consultation. We’ll quickly determine the issue and suggest a fix. Reach out it’s FREE.